SMC Catania yarn – Sport weight yarn;
Pink (00408) color code
Yellow (00403) color code
2 mm crochet hook
6 mm safety eyes (2)
Polyfil or stuffing of your choice
Black embroidery thread
Magic Ring – MR
increase – inc
decrease – dec
(): number of st in round
..: repeat instructions between the stars x times
We crochet in spiral rounds.
To avoid getting confused, you can use a stitch marker. We crochet with Pink yarn.
1. Crochet 8+1 chain, starting from the second chain from the hook; crochet 3sc to the same stitch, in the next 6 stitches 1sc, in last stitch 3sc in the same stitch, turn and work on the other side of the foundation ch; next 6 stitches 1sc (18sc)
2. (1sc, 1inc) 2, 4sc, (1sc, 1inc)*2, 1inc, 4sc, 1inc (24sc)
3. (2sc, 1inc) 2, 5sc, (2sc, 1inc)*2, 1inc, 5sc, 1inc (30sc)
4. (3sc, 1inc) 2, 6sc, (3sc, 1inc)*2, 1inc, 6sc, 1inc (36sc)
5. (4sc, 1inc) 2, 7sc, (4sc, 1inc)*2, 1inc, 7sc, 1inc (42sc)
6. (5sc, 1inc) 2, 8sc, (5sc, 1inc)*2, 1inc, 8sc, 1inc (48sc)
11. (6sc, 1inc) 2, 9sc, (1inc, 6sc)*2, 1inc, 9sc, 1inc (54sc)
14. (7sc, 1inc) 2, 10sc, (1inc, 7sc)*2, 1inc, 10sc, 1inc (60sc)
Between R 18 & 19. place the two 6 mm safety eyes. Don’t forget to place plastic washers.
20. (7sc, 1dec) 2, 10sc, (1dec, 7sc)*2, 1dec, 10sc, 1dec (54sc)
21. (6sc, 1dec) 2, 9sc, (1dec, 6sc)*2, 1dec, 9sc, 1dec (48sc)
22. (5sc, 1dec) 2, 8sc, (1dec, 5sc)*2, 1dec, 8sc, 1dec (42sc)
23. (4sc, 1dec)*2, 7sc, (1dec, 4sc)*2, 1dec, 7sc, 1dec (36sc)
24. (3sc, 1dec) 2, 6sc, (1dec, 3sc)*2, 1dec, 6sc, 1dec (30sc)
25. (2sc, 1dec) 2, 5sc, (1dec, 2sc)*2, 1dec, 5sc, 1dec (24sc)
26. (1sc, 1dec) 2, 4sc, (1dec, 1sc)*2, 1dec, 4sc, 1dec (18sc)
Start stuffing the Head and put a rattle inside. Embroider the face with black thread.
Don’t cut the yarn, we will continue to crochet the Body with the same yarn.
27. (1sc, 1inc) 9 (27sc)
32. (5sc, 1dec) 3, 6sc (24sc)
34. (1sc, 1dec) 8 (16sc)
44. 8dec (8sc)
Finish stuffing, close the hole and tie off.
We will crochet 2 pieces with yellow yarn.
1. We crochet 15 chains, starting from the 2nd ch from the hook and crochet 13sc along the foundation ch.
2. Make a five-point popcorn stitch in the last sc of the foundation ch, continue on the other side of the foundation ch and make 14sc.
We cut the yarn, complete two pieces and sew them to the head.
We will crochet the Wings in yellow yarn.
1. 6sc in MR
2. 6inc (12sc)
3. (1sc, 1inc) (18sc)
11. (1dec, 7sc) 2 (16sc)
12. (1dec, 6sc)*2 (14sc)
Close the opening of the sides with 7sc together.
1. 6sc in MR
2. 6inc (12sc)
Close the opening of the sides with 6sc together.
After crocheting the wings, we embroider the wings with the main color in the form of “line” stitches.
Our butterfly is ready!