List of materials
1. YarnArt SuperPerlee (100% acrylic, 100g-400m) gray, pink, a little red for the tongue, white for the mouth.
2. Sew-on eyes. For the declared yarn, the diameter is 13mm. (With some experience, you can use the eyes on a safe fastener)
3. White felt for the eyes
4. Strong thread and long tuck needle
5. Hook No. 1.5
6. Neck attachment. I used a cotter pin, I needed 40 mm discs.
7. Plastic for insoles in feet
8. Well, that’s ALL! How little is needed for happiness, right ?!
SL-ST – connecting post
SC – single crochet
İNC – increase
DEC – decrease
Dec2 – double decrease (three loops together)
P / P – half loop
The marker in this part may not be aligned, but in the end, look to get it like this: – on the left foot, the end of the last row is on the same level with the BP (thumb)
– on the right foot, the end of the last row in the middle of the outside.
If necessary, either knit an additional column or dissolve.
1. Dial a chain of 4 CHs in pink: 2 SC, 3SC in the last loop, SC, İNC (8)
2. – 4p (3 rows) 8 SC
5. In this row we knit the thumb (BP). We insert the hook into the loop, draw out the working thread and type 4CH, then insert the hook into the same loop and knit a regular single crochet: BP, 7 SC (8) Change the thread to gray.
6. (SC, İNC) * 4 (12)
7.-9 p (3 rows) 12 SC
10. (İNC, 5SC) * 2 (14)
11.-12p (2 rows) 14 SC
13. (İNC, 6 SC) * 2 (16)
14.– 15 rubles (2 rows) 16 SC. Cut the thread, fasten
5. In this row we knit the thumb (BP). We insert the hook into the loop, draw out the working thread and type 4CH, then insert the hook into the same loop and knit a regular single crochet: 3 SC, BP, 4 SC (8)
6. (SC, İNC) * 4 (12)
7.-9 (3 rows) 12 SC
10. (5 SC, İNC) * 2 (14)
11.-12 (2 rows) 14 SC
13. (6 SC, İNC) * 2 (16)
14.-15p (2 rows) 16 SC. Cut the thread, fasten
The part marker runs down the middle of the back of the legs. In the process, we align if necessary.
1. Cast on a chain of 6CH in pink: İNC, 3 SC, 4 SC in the last loop, 3 SC, İNC, (14)
2.SC, İNC, 3 SC, İNC * 4, 3 SC, İNC, SC (20)
3. İNC, SC, İNC, 3 SC, (İNC, SC) * 4, İNC, 2 SC, İNC, SC, İNC (29)
4.SC, İNC, 2 SC, İNC, 3 SC, (İNC, 2 SC) * 4, İNC, 3 SC, İNC, 2 SC, İNC, SC (38)
5. 38 SC for the back p / p. At this stage, we cut out the shape of the foot from the plastic.
We insert into the foot when it suits you.
6.SC, DEC, 7 SC, (DEC, 2 SC) * 4, DEC, 7 SC, DEC, SC (31)
7.DEC, 3 SC, DEC, SC, (DEC, SC) * 4, DEC, SC, DEC, 4 SC, DEC (22)
8.2 SC, DEC, 2 SC, DEC * 5, 1 SC, DEC, SC, DEC (14)
9. Attach the gray thread: 14 SC flo
10. (İNC, 2 SC) * 2, İNC, 6 SC, İNC (18)
11. (İNC, 2 SC) * 2, İNC, 11 SC (21)
12. (3 SC, İNC) * 3, 9 SC (24)
14.18 SC. Cut the thread, fix
9. Attach the gray thread: 14 SC flo
10. İNC, 6 SC, İNC, (2 SC, İNC) * 2 (18)
11.11 SC, İNC, (2 SC, İNC) * 2 (21)
12.9 SC, (3 SC, İNC) * 3 (24)
13.-14p 24 SC.
Knit 5 more SC. We do not cut the thread, we continue knitting.
The marker runs down the middle of the back. In the process of knitting, we align.
1.3CH, on the left leg 24 SC, along the chain of CH İNC * 3, 24 SC, on the other side of the chain CH
İNC * 2 (58) Put the marker here. Passes down the middle of the back, straightening out during knitting.
2. İNC in the last p / p of the chain CH, 56 SC.
Move the marker. (59)
4.58 SC, İNC (60)
6. (9 SC, İNC) * 6 (66)
7.5 SC, İNC, (10 SC, İNC) * 5.5 SC (72)
8 – 13 (6 rows) 72 SC
14.56 SC, DEC, (4 SC, DEC) * 2, 2 SC (69)
15.2 SC, DEC, (4 SC, DEC) * 2, 53 SC (66)
16.50 SC, (3 SC, DEC) * 3, SC (63)
17.2 SC, DEC, (3 SC, DEC) * 2, 49 SC (60)
Here it is convenient for me to fill the legs with filler, tightly so that their plumpness is clearly visible.
18.48 SC, (DEC, 2 SC) * 3 (57)
19. (2 SC, DEC) * 3, 45 SC (54)
20.16 SC, DEC, (2 SC, DEC) * 5, 16 SC (48)
21. İNC, 4 SC, İNC, 6 SC on the left hand (count 5 SC on the foot while knitting, and insert the hook through 6 loops of the foot and body at the same time), SC, DEC, (2 SC, DEC) * 5, SC , 6 SC on right foot (same count as left), İNC, 5 SC (45) In this row I am knitting an offset loop to align the marker.
22.6 SC, İNC, 10 SC on the free loops of the left foot, (SC, DEC) * 6, 10 SC on the free loops of the right foot, İNC, 6 SC, İNC (50)
23.- 24 p (2 rows) 50 SC. At this stage, we fill the body with filler, distributing it especially on the ass and belly.
25.13 SC, DEC, 20 SC, DEC, 13 SC (48)
26.12 SC, Dec2, 3SC, DEC, 8 SC, DEC, 3 SC, Dec2, 12 SC (42)
27. (5 SC, DEC) * 6 (36)
28.36 SC. We measure the diameter of the mounting hole. I have a disc with a diameter of 40mm.
29. 2SC, DEC, (4 SC, DEC) * 5, 2 SC (30) We fill the body with filler to the end, paying particular attention to the shoulders. Put the filler more tightly in the area of double decreases in the shoulders. This will form a beautiful line. You should not stuff the entire foot tightly, otherwise you will just get a thick sausage.
We insert the mount.
30. (3 SC, DEC) * 6 (24)
31. SC, DEC, (2 SC, DEC) * 5, SC (18)
32. (SC, DEC) * 6 (12)
33.DEC * 6
Cut the thread, fasten.
Ma The head puck runs down the middle of the chin.
1.6 SC to MR
3. İNC * 6 (12)
4.-5 (2 rows) 12 SC
6. (SC, İNC) * 6 (18)
7. (5 SC, İNC) * 3 (21)
9. (6 SC, İNC) * 3 (24)
10.16 SC, (İNC, 3 SC) * 2 (26)
11. (İNC, 3 SC) * 2, 18 SC (28) Here I recommend aligning the marker.
12.8 CH, 6 SC skip, İNC, 3 SC, İNC * 8, 3 SC, İNC, 6 SC. (40)
13.8 SC on a chain of CH, (İNC, SC) * 2, İNC, (SC, İNC) * 10, 7 SC (53)
14.3 SC, DEC, SC, DEC, (İNC, 2 SC) * 2, 24 SC, (2 SC, İNC) * 2, DEC, 7 SC (54)
15.13 SC, İNC * 2, 26 SC, İNC * 2, 11 SC (58)
16.12 SC, İNC * 2, 26 SC, İNC * 2, SC, İNC, 12 (64)
17. (2 SC, İNC) * 5, 5 SC, İNC, (10 SC, İNC) * 2, 5 SC, (İNC, 2 SC) * 5, İNC (78)
At this stage, we knit a mouth. Attach a white thread to the first CH and then knit:
1. In the corner of the mouth 2 SC, 6 SC along the skipped loops, 2 SC in the corner, 8 SC along the CH chain (18)
3. (DEC, SC) * 6 (12)
4. DEC * 6. Fasten and cut the thread. Turn the mouth inside the head.
We continue to knit the head.
18.– 29 (12 rows) 78 SC (After tying 4 rows, place a marker for fastening. If you have a plastic joint, then in row 4 we knit 76 SC, 2CH.
Fifth row: 2CH, 76 SC. Further in the description without changes)
30. (11 SC, DEC) * 6 (72)
31.5 SC, DEC, (10 SC, DEC) * 5.5 SC (66)
32. (9 SC, DEC) * 6 (60)
33.4 SC, DEC, (8 SC, DEC) * 5, 4 SC (54)
34. (7 SC, DEC) * 6 (48)
35.3 SC, DEC, (6 SC, DEC) * 5, 3 SC (42)
At this stage, we attach the head to the body by twisting the cotter pin. Make sure your mouth is slightly sideways.
For those who use their eyes on a secure mount, I recommend fixing them now, then it will be problematic. We fasten approximately in the 12th row, the approximate distance between the eyes is 12 columns. But look carefully, each eye size is different, knitting density too. I give an approximate guideline. Don’t forget under your eyes put white felt for the whites of the eyes more. Because the true look of the face will be visible only after tightening. And then it is much easier to simply cut off the excess felt.
If you have sewn-on eyes, then these manipulations are not for you.
36. (5 SC, DEC) * 6 (36)
37.2 SC, DEC (4 SC, DEC) * 5, 2 SC (30)
38. (3 SC, DEC) * 6 (24)
We fill our head with filler. Especially the cheeks and forehead. We hold the mouth with a finger so that it stays inside.
39. SC, DEC (2 SC, DEC) * 5, SC (18)
40. (SC, DEC) * 6 (12)
41. DEC * 6. Fasten and cut the thread.
The next stage is over. The photo shows a version of a rat with eyes on a secure mount. After tightening, you will immediately see exactly where to cut off excess felt. We leave it that way for now.
We knit 2 parts in pink
1.6 SC to MR
2. İNC * 6 (12)
3. (SC, İNC) * 6 (18)
4.SC, İNC (2 SC, İNC) * 5, SC (24)
5. (3 SC, İNC) * 6 (30)
6.2 SC, İNC (4 SC, İNC) * 5, 2 SC, SL-ST (36) Cut and fasten the thread.
We knit in the same way 2 gray parts, but after knitting the 6th row, we do not cut the thread.
We attach the gray part and the pink seamy side to each other and tie them together.
7. (5 SC, İNC) * 6 (42)
8. We make the SL-ST strapping in a circle. Cut the thread, leaving a long end for sewing.
Fold the edge of the eyelet in half and sew a couple of stitches with the thread left.
1. In pink color 6 SC in MR. The resulting end of the thread after being pulled into the ring does not
cut, and lay along the knitting.
2. İNC * 6 (12)
Depending on the size of your toy, you may need to knit an extra row. Link it like this:
(2 SC, DEC) * 3
We pull strongly the thread laid along the knitting, tightening the row as tight as possible. We put the resulting detail on the tip of the nose of the head and sew.
1.6 SC to MR
2.-14 (13 rows) 6 SC
15. İNC, 5 SC (7)
16.-29 (14 rows) 7SC
30.İNC, 6 SC (8)
31.-40 (10 rows) 8 SC.
Cut the thread, leaving the end for sewing. If desired, you can insert a thin wire inside.
Draw a chain of 4CH in red: from the second loop from the hook SL-ST, SC, 4 SC to the last loop, on the other side of the chain: SC, SL-ST. Cut the thread, leaving the end for sewing.
Sew the tongue deep into the mouth (to the last row with decreases) with just one stitch. And hide the end of the thread inside the head.
DECORATION OF THE FACE
For example, here are two options for the head: on the head on the left, eyes are used on a secure attachment and we will do the tightening with them.
Difficult, but possible. On the head on the left, I will use sewn eyes, i.e. it will be easier here. First we tighten, then we sew on the eyes.
The photo on the left shows the places where the tightening should be done.
Unless otherwise indicated, I always insert the needle and thread into the base of the neck.
(even along the edge of the mount, so that in the future you will not see traces of tightening).
We drive the needle and thread into the corner of the mouth and grab 1 loop.
We withdraw from one side of the bridge of the nose, pierce the thread over the canvas and insert the needle on the other side of the bridge of the nose (in my case, 4 loops are enough). We withdraw the needle in the other corner of the mouth and also grab one loop. We tighten up. We fix the ends of the threads and hide them inside the head.
We make an eyeliner marked in black in the photo.
We introduce a needle with a thread at the base of the neck, withdraw it in the outer corner of the eye, insert the needle into the inner corner of the eye behind (thread over the canvas), we withdraw the thread in the inner corner of the other eye and introduce it into the outer corner of the eye, withdrawing the thread to the initial point at the base of the neck. We tighten as much as possible!
In the same way, make the tightening, marked in the photo in red. Pull up!
I repeated each of these tightenings 3 times to get the perfect result. Do not be lazy, do the same and the result will please you!
After you finish with the braces, sew on the eyes and ears where you think it is most successful!
Sew on the tail and tongue.
Adjust the felt around the eyes, if necessary, and embroider the eyebrows.
Since I am not a fan of clothes on animals, Pukhlik will not have it either.
Yes Yes! Even in spite of the fashion. In my opinion, clothes can hide all the charms of a rat. This chubby rat! The most that I see on this cute creature is a scarf. Soft, New Year’s scarf! Therefore, needlewomen, do not blame me, but there will be no clothes. It is completely at your discretion, if someone sees Pukhlik differently. All in your hands. So the master class has come to an end. Personally, I’m sorry … But! When something ends, something new is bound to begin. Therefore, I am not saying goodbye to you and I hope to see you in my next master class.
I hope knitting was easy for you and the result makes you smile.